Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent:H1B Visa extension

Hi,

My H1B Visa got stamped on 2nd Apr 2013 and which is going to expire on 30th Sept 2013.
    My petition also going to expire on 30th Sept 2013.I haven’t yet travelled to US on this visa.

1) Is there any defined time period, prior to that one person should be there in US to extend his H1B Visa/petition?
    2) Can this be extended from India? If "Yes",

3) Can the extension from India, after visa expiry be done immediately?
    4) What is the time duration for extension or will it be done only as part of the regular yearly quota?

Originally posted by jiljlprasad View Post
    Hi,

My H1B Visa got stamped on 2nd Apr 2013 and which is going to expire on 30th Sept 2013.
    My petition also going to expire on 30th Sept 2013.I haven’t yet travelled to US on this visa.

1) Is there any defined time period, prior to that one person should be there in US to extend his H1B Visa/petition? -- No, there is no such time. Petition can be filed for up to 6 years after the current one expires.
    2) Can this be extended from India? If "Yes", --Yes

3) Can the extension from India, after visa expiry be done immediately? -- Up to 6 years
    4) What is the time duration for extension or will it be done only as part of the regular yearly quota? -- You are exempt from annual cap for the next 6 years. In all you are eligible for 6 years of stay in the US in H1 or L1 status.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X