Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

query on first baby,appointment for second baby??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• query on first baby,appointment for second baby??

Hi
    My wife is in her second trimester when she appeared before chennai consulate along with my son aged 9months. A query was put on and i have send required docs to attend the query.
    Meanwhile, we are blessed with a baby girl in July.

My question is: can my wife take my baby girl along with her to attend the query and should it be necessary to take an appointment for my baby separately.

Thank you
    sgc

Hi,
    Congrats on your baby girl!
    She will need a new passport, appointment, visa application forms, separate DDs. She will be considered as an individual entity.
    All the Best
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thank You Veena.

Is there any solution where my wife can take the 2 kids at a time.

Comment

Hi, She and the other child can attend the first interview and then she can take the new born baby for the 2nd interview without an appointment for herself. Or she can cancel the present appointment and take fresh appointment for all the three. These are the only 2 ways out. She cannot take the new born for the interview without an appointment. You may however write to the Consulate and ask them if they would make an exception in your case.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thank you veena.
          Is this the right email id to write to consulate, [email protected] ??

Comment

old or new h1-b info for second kid for appointment

Hi:
            my wife and first kid will attend a query in chennai in december, but i have transferred to a new h1-b a few days ago.

And importantly, i have visa on my old h1-b only.

I have to send my second kid for visa stamping to chennai, as well.

Now, should i be using the old h1-b or new h1-b information to take an appointment for my second kid??

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
              If you have already transferred to a new H1B, you should sent even your wife and first child only with that H1B details. It does not matter if you had entered the old details while making the appointment. Your wife should just mention this new H1b at the time of interview, and also send all the documents with respect to this H1B along with the old papers as well. This should include your job-confirmation letter, details of the company, pay-slips from them, etc. This will enable their passports get stamped with the new H1B visa.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

thank you veena.
                well, i am working on the docs now and as per your advice taking an appointment at chennai for my baby girl.

I filled an application but could not find any available dates in appointment availibilty page.(the consulate did not open the dates after13th feb2006)

Should i be checking the site regularly untill the dates get opened.??? and then fill-in an application.

sgc

Comment

HI sgc,
                  I think that is the only way to do it. Did u go through the qualifications for an emergency appointment while trying to make the present appoint? Did you child not qualify for the same?
                  VEENA
                  (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

ya. i did go through that and did not find anything that suits my case.

now, they havent opened the dates from feb2006 and this is really taking more time than i thought.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X