Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 g- New delhi- Administrative processing--for names like SINGH or KAUR

HI All
    I recently appeared for H1b re stamping with my wife(H4)..i am still working for original petitioner..so thought it will be a simple one...but got 221G case
    I was not given any slip--green\pink etc.....they did not ask for any additional documents,they kept passports with them and officer even told that everything looks good with my case...but still put my case for "administrative processing".
    When i asked for reason--they said--" they need to do some additional verification\processing for people with certain common surnames like SINGH or KAUR.

Friends-- has anyone faced this? what is the process? what do they do in this case? and how much time they take to process this

i faced the same issue and had to wait for 5 months before i got my visa.
    My last name is also SINGH

Comment

did they give you pink\green slip?
      and was your re stamping or first time stamping?

did anyone contact you from embassy?..was your individual application or through BEP company letter?

Comment

Yes we're also stuck for same reason since 29th April. We got a white slip with no documents asked.

Comment

221G for SIKH names

All with SINGH/SIKH names and stuck with 221G , Please add your wait period here as it will help to know the timeframe it will take to get a clearance . Specifically if ur name has Jeet in it .

Comment

i completed 5 weeks today...still waiting..no luck...status date is not even updated once since i gave my interview...still shows "administrative processing"

any one has any idea why we are being subjected to this? any particular reason?

Comment

Time frame

Originally posted by balli View Post
              i completed 5 weeks today...still waiting..no luck...status date is not even updated once since i gave my interview...still shows "administrative processing"

I guess it is taking from 2 - 5 months based on how common one persons name is. We cant do much here once you are in 221G.

Comment

Hi Balli,

Any updates on your case ? No updates on mine yet.

Comment

nothing...no update...i completed 60 days today...
                  in all their communications\website they say "most of the cases are resolved within 60 days".

but looking at your case now, i m not hoping much action..

Comment

nothing...no update...i completed 60 days today...
                    in all their communications\website they say "most of the cases are resolved within 60 days".

but looking at your case now, i m not hoping much action..
                    Mine was approved on 29th, exactly after 90 days. U will also get it soon.

Comment

Hey thats grt man..congrats...so u got lucky finally...good
                      just wanted to get some idea on sequence of things in your case?

was your date updated to some current date before change of status? and then how abt status?
                      what was the sequence of status changes? and in how many days you got the passport after first time your case was updated on website?

Comment

221 g- New delhi- Administrative processing--for names like SINGH or KAUR

Hi balli, I am in same position. Appeared for interview on 27th June With my wife for H1/H4 and got white slip with no documents requested. Waiting for update, there is no update on website since we appeared for interview. Hope things will be better soon with a Gud news...I too appeared at Delhi consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X