Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221G Pink Slip Chennai Consulate -H1b Renewal & H4 New pending from almost a year now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Pink Slip Chennai Consulate -H1b Renewal & H4 New pending from almost a year now

Myself and my wife had attended our visa interview on 24th May 2012 right after one week of our marriage.Mine was H1B renewal and her first time H4 visa at Chennai Consulate but were rewarded with a pink slip

At the first counter an american lady takes our interview and mentions that our visa's are approved after Q&A round but hands over pink slips and suggests to go to counter 31,here an Indian lady takes our personal details,retains our passports,hands over pink slips with case# and suggests to wait for few weeks for the admin process to complete,a bummer.

It's been 13 months now and still no sign of visa.My Employer and Attorney exhausted all possible options,even reached out to Senator's Office for help but no luck yet,surprisingly not a single doc nor any employment proof was asked to be furnished.

Have only common Muslim Name but clean records in US during my last 3 years of stay,it's a same ordeal during my first H1B visa stamp at Chennai back in 2008 I was given pink slip, then visa received after 6 months. This time the processing is still going on....

I work as EVC model and I do have PERM and I-140 cleared as well , still don't have visa to board the plane
    ========================================================

But today 14th June 2013 my case status date got changed to today's date and my wife's status date remains unchanged. It's still administrative processing though....

Is this some kind of a positive sign or just another date change? Fisrt time posting on this forum but have following this forum from year 2008.

Last week late in the afternoon of Friday I received an email from Chennai Consulate asking to provide them my updated contact details.

I replied and not sure what this means, but in the email they sent they had mentioned it's just for the records and my case is in additional administrative processing.

Not sure what to understand out of it? but at least one different email response from consulate in the span of one year

Comment

Originally posted by mohammed View Post
      Myself and my wife had attended our visa interview on 24th May 2012 right after one week of our marriage.Mine was H1B renewal and her first time H4 visa at Chennai Consulate but were rewarded with a pink slip

At the first counter an american lady takes our interview and mentions that our visa's are approved after Q&A round but hands over pink slips and suggests to go to counter 31,here an Indian lady takes our personal details,retains our passports,hands over pink slips with case# and suggests to wait for few weeks for the admin process to complete,a bummer.

It's been 13 months now and still no sign of visa.My Employer and Attorney exhausted all possible options,even reached out to Senator's Office for help but no luck yet,surprisingly not a single doc nor any employment proof was asked to be furnished.

Have only common Muslim Name but clean records in US during my last 3 years of stay,it's a same ordeal during my first H1B visa stamp at Chennai back in 2008 I was given pink slip, then visa received after 6 months. This time the processing is still going on....

I work as EVC model and I do have PERM and I-140 cleared as well , still don't have visa to board the plane
      ========================================================

But today 14th June 2013 my case status date got changed to today's date and my wife's status date remains unchanged. It's still administrative processing though....

Is this some kind of a positive sign or just another date change? Fisrt time posting on this forum but have following this forum from year 2008.
      ============================================================ ======

Well yesterday chennai consulte sent me an email asking to submit my passport as the admin process is complete and I submitted the same.

But i'm surprised there's no mention of my wife's passport? any idea

In addition I sent her passport and pink slip along with my documents to the consulate and dropped an email to them about the same.

has anyone gone through this, why would they hold my wife's visa issue and allow mine? please advise

Comment

[QUOTE=mohammed;304392]============================================================ ======

Well yesterday chennai consulte sent me an email asking to submit my passport as the admin process is complete and I submitted the same.

In addition I sent her passport and pink slip along with my documents to the consulate and dropped an email to them about the same.

has anyone gone through this, why would they hold my wife's visa issue and allow mine? please advise[/QUOTE

Congratulations.

Comment

[QUOTE=muflih;304406]
          ============================================================ ======

has anyone gone through this, why would they hold my wife's visa issue and allow mine? please advise[/QUOTE

Congratulations.
          Thanks to this forum and today both mine and my wife's status changed to Issued and should receive our passports in a day or two.

It's been tough, humiliating, happy, sad, bad, worse and excited one year one month of wait time to go back to US.

I pray that no newly married couple should go through such a pain in the first of there marriage because visa delays.

It's happy ending today.

Comment

Congratulations bro, God is great.Enjoy....

Comment

[QUOTE=mohammed;304704]
              Originally posted by muflih View Post

Thanks to this forum and today both mine and my wife's status changed to Issued and should receive our passports in a day or two.

It's been tough, humiliating, happy, sad, bad, worse and excited one year one month of wait time to go back to US.

I pray that no newly married couple should go through such a pain in the first of there marriage because visa delays.

It's happy ending today.
              Congratulations Brother. I am exactly in the same situation but mine is still pending...I had appeared a week before you. Still waiting though...

Comment

[QUOTE=221gRecepient;304710]

Congratulations Brother. I am exactly in the same situation but mine is still pending...I had appeared a week before you. Still waiting though...
                when was your?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X