Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer before Oct 1st & start working on OPT

Hi,

Working for Employer A on OPT, got selected in H1B lottery and petition got approved. Now Employer B has offered me a exciting job offer and are ready to transfer my current approved H1B.

I was wondering if Employer B can file for H1B transfer before OCT 1st and once the transfer is approved can I immediately start working on OPT with Employer B?

Does it have any risk? How can I make sure that I don't miss my H1-B.

I appreciate for your help.

Thank you

Yes and Yes.

If you are on OPT and want to work on it, there is no need to wait for H1 to be approved.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Yes, B can file a cap-exempt petition for you. If the job is in your field of study you can start working immediately based on your OPT. If you are on the STEM extension B should also be enrolled in EVerify in order to work before Oct 1.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for you reply.

It has been 2 months that I graduated and my OPT started. I have two more question.

How long the transfer process will take?
        How can I make sure that is legal. Is there any way to send USCIS email and ask to make sure? Because I really don't want to miss my H1B or USCIS revoke it.

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        Yes, B can file a cap-exempt petition for you. If the job is in your field of study you can start working immediately based on your OPT. If you are on the STEM extension B should also be enrolled in EVerify in order to work before Oct 1.

Comment

A petition filed by B will not affect A's petition in any way.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X