Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be any risks/problems when I re-enter the US on my H1B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be any risks/problems when I re-enter the US on my H1B ?

I am based in 'location A'
    My company is based out of 'location B'.
    I do consulting work and work mainly out of 'location A'
    My manager (with my sponsor company) is based in 'location C'
    Whenever there is a consulting client assignment, I work out of 'location D/E/F'... etc...
    The manager for the client assignment is usually in 'location D/E/F' etc..
    All locations are based in the US.
    Please advise me if there can be questions asked when i re-enter the us on my H1B and how I can address them ?

Originally posted by fxwin View Post
    I am based in 'location A'
    My company is based out of 'location B'.
    I do consulting work and work mainly out of 'location A'
    My manager (with my sponsor company) is based in 'location C'
    Whenever there is a consulting client assignment, I work out of 'location D/E/F'... etc...
    The manager for the client assignment is usually in 'location D/E/F' etc..
    All locations are based in the US.
    Please advise me if there can be questions asked when i re-enter the us on my H1B and how I can address them ?
    I am contracting from 6yrs and my work schedule is somewhat similar to yours. My emp is based out in GA and I work in DC/NY/MN. My port of entry has always been IAD and I never had issues. But again, this is just my case.
    There are cases where people have been asked questions about the location of the employer and client @ the port of entry. So, if you are really worried about these type of questions or concerns, then the option would be to book a refundable Air Ticket/Bus Ticket/Train Ticket from your working location to your employers location for the same day or the next day of your arrival. I never did this, but this is an option.

This is just my personal opinion based on my experience.

Comment

Thanks for that insight. I have a related question too. Since my employer has changed from my original visa stamp, do I need to go through the fresh visa (appt+interview) process in India ?

Originally posted by cyanide View Post
      I am contracting from 6yrs and my work schedule is somewhat similar to yours. My emp is based out in GA and I work in DC/NY/MN. My port of entry has always been IAD and I never had issues. But again, this is just my case.
      There are cases where people have been asked questions about the location of the employer and client @ the port of entry. So, if you are really worried about these type of questions or concerns, then the option would be to book a refundable Air Ticket/Bus Ticket/Train Ticket from your working location to your employers location for the same day or the next day of your arrival. I never did this, but this is an option.

This is just my personal opinion based on my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by fxwin View Post
        Thanks for that insight. I have a related question too. Since my employer has changed from my original visa stamp, do I need to go through the fresh visa (appt+interview) process in India ?
        I am not sure I understand your question correctly.
        If you are asking whether you need a new VISA stamp on your passport since your employer changed? Then the answer is NO.

As long as you have an non-expired VISA stamped on your passport, you are good to enter the country. But make sure you carry the new 797 with your new/updated employer.

~cyanide.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X