X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice whether to go to visa stamping or not

Hi

I am on H1 b visa

My scenario: My 6 year h1 b has come to an end this april. I joined my current contract this January, contract expires in December, So in april I got the H1 b extension until the year 2016.

I can get client letter without any issue, can I go for visa interview sometime in october or september ? the concern is this: since my contract is coming to end in december, usually it is preferred not to go to the stamping as the end of contract time is nearing ....

please advice

Originally posted by shilpavv View Post
    Hi

I am on H1 b visa

My scenario: My 6 year h1 b has come to an end this april. I joined my current contract this January, contract expires in December, So in april I got the H1 b extension until the year 2016.

I can get client letter without any issue, can I go for visa interview sometime in october or september ? the concern is this: since my contract is coming to end in december, usually it is preferred not to go to the stamping as the end of contract time is nearing ....

please advice
    If you got the extension approved and received a new I-94 then you need not go for the visa interview and can stay till the new I-94 expiry. If you need to leave US for some personal reason then yes you would have to go for stamping. There are risks but it depends upon the reason for you to leave US and whether you want to take that risk.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X