Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Administrative processing hell! Please advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative processing hell! Please advice!

Dear Friends,

I appeared for my visa interview on July 3, 2013 at the U.S. Consulate in Chennai and was asked by the consular officer to get a new passport before issuing my visa as my old passport was deemed to be damaged. I then obtained a new passport and have submitted it to the OFC in Teynampet, Chennai on July 12, 2013 along with Form 221(g). However, I am yet to receive my visa even though the consular officer during my interview mentioned that I will get my visa within two days of submitting the new passport.

I have been living in the US since 2006 and came back to India on a short vacation - had my return flight booked on July 11, 2013 which I had to cancel. I need to return to US as soon as possible.

On the CEAC website, the status has been "Administrative Processing" since July 3, 2013. For the first time ever, something changed - the Status Update Date changed to 18th July 2013, but it is still "Administrative Processing". Is there any significance of the change in the status update date? Any idea when I can get my passport/visa?

I am not getting any help from their customer support.

Really appreciate any advice!

Cheers,
    Sudesh

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X