H4 221(g) Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 221(g) Please help

My wife has been trying to get her h4 visa stamped and for the second time the visa officer has sent her back asking for additional documentation. He wants a letter from the end client. Here is my work scenario, I work for company A(he holds my visa) and am subcontracted to company B and company B is executing a project for company C. I sent the letters from Company A and Company B but the officer wants the letter from company C. Company C is not willing to give the letter as they say i am not working for them. It all began when during the interview my wife mentioned the name of company C as the end client. I dont know what to do or how to convince the officer, please help.

The consulate has verified all other documents and asked to send the clarification using drop box.

Hi,
    You can probably get a letter from Co.B that you work for Co.C. If Co.B is willing to give you, then you can even try getting the contract or understanding or official communication between B and C to the effect of your employment with Co.C. You can also write a letter to the Consulate explaining why Co.C is not willing to give you such a letter.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Response time to get back the docs after dropping in drop-box

We have sent the documents to consul using drop box 15 days ago but till now there is no response, how many days does it normally take for applications sent by drop box to get a reply. If anyone has any exp in this area please let us know.

Is there any way we can contact consulate and talk to them reg our pending application.

Comment

Originally posted by mify
        My wife has been trying to get her h4 visa stamped and for the second time the visa officer has sent her back asking for additional documentation. He wants a letter from the end client. Here is my work scenario, I work for company A(he holds my visa) and am subcontracted to company B and company B is executing a project for company C. I sent the letters from Company A and Company B but the officer wants the letter from company C. Company C is not willing to give the letter as they say i am not working for them. It all began when during the interview my wife mentioned the name of company C as the end client. I dont know what to do or how to convince the officer, please help.

The consulate has verified all other documents and asked to send the clarification using drop box.
        My wife got her H4 visa today. Thanks Veena for your answers/suggestions. I sent an explanation letter along with a letter from my employer explaining about my work situation in US.

Make sure the person who attends the interview is well aware about the employer/client work model in US, sometimes it may be confusing but our answers have to be specific and that which can be supported by documentation. Our exp and suggestion is to take letter from your client supervisor + a letter from your employer along with the regular docs.

All the best !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X