Wrong visa type on US visa. H1 instead of H4 was given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong visa type on US visa. H1 instead of H4 was given

We applied H4 Visa for my daughter in Feb 2012. However the US visa was stamped with H1 visa type. This we identified only at port of entry. The visa officer at port of entry let my daughter into US using a visa waiver form, however requested us to have it corrected when we travel outside US.

I sent the details to [email protected] with the details and requested the steps for correction. However the response was provided as below. Anybody know if the visa type can be corrected now that she has traveled using the passport and that the stamping is older than a year? Also, will there be any other potential problems for her for entry into US or applying extension or green card?

==================================================
    Date/Time Case Opened: 7/24/2013
    Description:
    Origin: Email
    Case Reason: Any other query
    Public Response:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

However, please be informed that, applicants can apply for a visa correction under the below scenarios:

1) Applicant should not have travelled on the same visa
    2) Applicant has to apply for visa correction within a year from the issue date of the visa

Have a pleasant day!

Yours Sincerely,
    U.S. Visa Service Desk.

I would suggest calling Department of States if you are in the States.

Department of States is the governing body of all the consulates and visa issuance.

Originally posted by superaghu View Post
    We applied H4 Visa for my daughter in Feb 2012. However the US visa was stamped with H1 visa type. This we identified only at port of entry. The visa officer at port of entry let my daughter into US using a visa waiver form, however requested us to have it corrected when we travel outside US.

I sent the details to [email protected] with the details and requested the steps for correction. However the response was provided as below. Anybody know if the visa type can be corrected now that she has traveled using the passport and that the stamping is older than a year? Also, will there be any other potential problems for her for entry into US or applying extension or green card?

==================================================
    Date/Time Case Opened: 7/24/2013
    Description:
    Origin: Email
    Case Reason: Any other query
    Public Response:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

However, please be informed that, applicants can apply for a visa correction under the below scenarios:

1) Applicant should not have travelled on the same visa
    2) Applicant has to apply for visa correction within a year from the issue date of the visa

Have a pleasant day!

Yours Sincerely,
    U.S. Visa Service Desk.
    Track 221g / administrative processing cases at one place -- Register at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X