Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job change While H1B Visa extension in Progress

Hi,
    My H1B VISA is going to end by 31-July-2013. Currently I am in USA and my VISA extension has been filed 1 day back. My current assignment is going to end in 3 weeks. In this case can I change my employer and client(Who has signed on invite letter)? If yes what are the options? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Warm Regards,
    Ram

Originally posted by bvramesh219 View Post
    Hi,
    My H1B VISA is going to end by 31-July-2013. Currently I am in USA and my VISA extension has been filed 1 day back. My current assignment is going to end in 3 weeks. In this case can I change my employer and client(Who has signed on invite letter)? If yes what are the options? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Warm Regards,
    Ram
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Ram - Did you find answer to your question? I am in similar situation. Let me know your decision, it will help me to make decision.

Only difference is my VISA extension is filed one month back and I have USCIS receipt number too.
    Expert comments would be highly appreciated.

Comment

h1B VISA extension and going back to home country

Hi

1. I have valid H1B VISA till next month
      2. My employer had filed H1B VISA extension
      3. I received H1B USCIS VISA extension receipt number
      4. Dont have petition number yet.

1. If I travel back to home country and after that petition is approved till next 6 months
      And I want to come back US after spending "5" months in home country assignment

Question - do I have to stamp my VISA in home country to be back in 5 months, when i have just one month valid VISA?
      Question - Do I have to apply for VISA extension again and then stamp VISA and then come back to US?
      Question - Do I have stamp VISA and then apply for extension and then come to US.

Suggest what option is correct?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X