Question on H1B visa stamping at Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on H1B visa stamping at Mumbai Consulate

I'm on H1B with I-140 (EB2) approved. I am planning a short trip to India for about a week. My stamping expired in July 2013 and I have approved I-797 till Sep 2014. Hence I will have to undergo stamping before coming back to the US.

I have obtained Biometrics appointment for 19-Aug and Personal Interview appointment for 20-Aug at Mumbai Consulate. It seems that I do qualify for the new "Dropbox" feature, but my employer has directly obtained the interview dates as above.

I had the following questions related to Visa stamping:

1. Is it possible to go for consular interview when one qualifies for the Dropbox. Does it impact the stamping in any way.
    2. I will be having only 5 working days in India (19 Aug - 23 Aug). Is this sufficient time to have biometrics done, attend interview and get stamped passport back in hand.
    3. Is client letter generally needed for the interview. My employer says its not required.
    4. What is the current success rate for stamping at Mumbai Consulate. Considering that and the trip duration is it recommended to go ahead with the plans. I haven't made any travel arrangements yet.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mysticblue; 07-30-2013, 04:09 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X