H1B visa transfer without working in USA - Help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa transfer without working in USA - Help required

Hello, It will be great and helpful in my career on the decision.

I have a valid H1-B visa sponsored by company A, but I did not work in USA on behalf of company A (I entered to USA just for a Business meeting, did not work). Now I got a good offer from company B and definitely I wanna take the offer from company B and company B is requested me to transfer the H1-B visa. Now, my question is -

1. Can the H1-B be transferred to company B in my case?

H1B visa transfer without working in USA - Help required

Where are you currently located now?

Comment

H1B visa transfer without working in USA

Hi,

I am also in the same boat. Have H1B visa but never travelled to US. But now I got an offer from employer B and they want to transfer my H1B. Currently I am in my home country. I have couple of questions.

1. What would be the best scenario Fly to US and transfer H1B or get transfer done and fly to US
      2. In the second scenario do I need to go for stamping again?

Kindly reply.

Comment

Originally posted by sagitarius80 View Post
        Hi,

I am also in the same boat. Have H1B visa but never travelled to US. But now I got an offer from employer B and they want to transfer my H1B. Currently I am in my home country. I have couple of questions.

1. What would be the best scenario Fly to US and transfer H1B or get transfer done and fly to US
        2. In the second scenario do I need to go for stamping again?

Kindly reply.
        If your current employer/sponsor doesnt have employment for you in US travelling on current visa/petition would be unwise. Better get the petition transferred to B and then subsequently if transfer approved, to travel to US with existing Visa stamp(if valid till the date of travel) and new petition to work for employer B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X