Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B for a nonexperienced graduate

Hello,

I am a 24 years old Romanian citizen (Europe), following a master's program. I will graduate in July 2014. I have a bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering and my master's program is focused on Sustainable Development ( the same general area of specialization).
    I too have a dream.... I wanted my whole life to work in the US, to get some experience in the greatest country & economy there is, simply put, to live the American Dream (still believing in it). Unlike many others, I chose the US not only for the wages, but for the society, the way of life, the history...
    A H1-B visa seemed the only viable way toward a Green Card. My diplomas surely have a US equivalent, as per H1-B conditions. Considering that I have only 2 months of work experience in my field (sales engineer for water & waste water plants, aka a big 0 probably), would an employer apply for a H1B on my behalf?
    I am (painfully) aware of my disadvantages: no experience, fees to be paid (although I want to refund the employer, how can I convince him/her that I'm trustworthy?) and possibly some other. I am probably a burden for that company. I don't have a Toefl diploma (if needed, I could get one immediately). I even started to learn AutoCAD and American environmental laws on my own, as a possible leverage. A potential employer doesn't know that I am hardworking (willing to work 7/7 just to get a chance to prove that I am willing to work hard for my dream), honest, dedicated, motivated and so forth.
    Long story short: are there employers willing to overlook my lack of experience and hire me solely for those positive reasons listed above? It is a longshot, but I will not quit until I've tried everything.
    Thank you very much for your answers.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X