any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any suggestions

I entered u.s in 1998 on a B1 visa, changed status to F1, then to J1 and then to H1. I have'nt gone back to home country since 1998. Would it be too risky to go to an american consulate for a H1 B visa stamp in this situation. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Don't worry

Sounds like you have everything in order, were never out of status and have all your paper work. You should not have any type of issues unless you were arrested or convicted, even then, if you were not charged or did not p[lead guilty to anything, you will not be deemed "inadmissible" remember to say "yes" on the DS - 156 and explain that no criminal charges were issued, you should be ok.

Comment

Hi,
      I am not sure if Ppenab is familiar with issues like this. But I would say that if you have gone on a visitor visa, and then converted staus while in the US, it spells disaster for further stampings at consular posts abroad. If you decide to get the H1B visa stamped, go back to the home consulate, and anticipate grilling. The Visa officers don't care much for those who have superceded the "Visitor" intent in a B1/B2 Visa. I say go to home consulate because you will atleast have some place to return if your visa is refused.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X