Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed Status fron F1 to H1 with out completeing Masters

Hi All
    I came to US On F1 after coming here I changed to H1 (Currently working)
    and having 8 paystubs .
    Now I am planning to attent the multiple stamping (H1) in Calgary Canada
    if anybody know how this thing works in Consulate please let me know.
    Any body face this situation please guide me.

Really need help Guys

Thanks
    Leo

I went to Canada for my H1 B stamping after completeing masters in USA. F1 to H1 B stamping. The only thing the Visa officer asked me is about my masters program, MS degree certificate and transcripts. The first question asked to me was "I understand you had education from US school?" and for which I replied "yes". Then the Visa officer looked at my credentials in the MS program and issued the visa. They did not look at the pay stubs or job offer letetr or bank statements.

I would suggest you to have a good explanation about not completing your master's program in USA. The only thing the Visa officer is concerned at is validating your degree certificates to determine if the candidate has the required education. And the Visa officer can simply tell "You had education from a foreign country and I cannot validate these certificates". If that's the case, the officer tells the candidate to go to the home country and appear for stamping. I have seen this happening. On a lucky day you might not have a problem.....but you never know.

I would strongly recommend you not to take chances going to canada. But if you really want to try your luck, book an appointment with the US consulate office in India too around those dates. (Now the wait time for appointment in India is atleast 4 months). If there is any problem in Canada, you can atleast go to India immediately and appear in US consulate office in India and get H1 B stamped easily.

GoodLuck!

Comment

Originally posted by vbandaru
      I went to Canada for my H1 B stamping after completeing masters in USA. F1 to H1 B stamping. The only thing the Visa officer asked me is about my masters program, MS degree certificate and transcripts. The first question asked to me was "I understand you had education from US school?" and for which I replied "yes". Then the Visa officer looked at my credentials in the MS program and issued the visa. They did not look at the pay stubs or job offer letetr or bank statements.

I would suggest you to have a good explanation about not completing your master's program in USA. The only thing the Visa officer is concerned at is validating your degree certificates to determine if the candidate has the required education. And the Visa officer can simply tell "You had education from a foreign country and I cannot validate these certificates". If that's the case, the officer tells the candidate to go to the home country and appear for stamping. I have seen this happening. On a lucky day you might not have a problem.....but you never know.

I would strongly recommend you not to take chances going to canada. But if you really want to try your luck, book an appointment with the US consulate office in India too around those dates. (Now the wait time for appointment in India is atleast 4 months). If there is any problem in Canada, you can atleast go to India immediately and appear in US consulate office in India and get H1 B stamped easily.

GoodLuck!
      Hi Bandaru
      can i tlk to you personally if possible
      that would be great
      thanks man
      leo post i here if its yes
      then we will proceed
      thanks

Comment

Sure, We can talk !!! Please post your email and I shall reply to that email.

Comment

Originally posted by vbandaru
          Sure, We can talk !!! Please post your email and I shall reply to that email.
          Thanks Man
          [email protected]
          or you can call me at my office 612-291-9371

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X