Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa issued - Chennai - 08 Sep 2005

Hi

My wife got her H4 yesterday. Finally!!!!!
    She was interviewed at Chennai Consulate. We have been preparing for the interview for more than 2 months. Just a few tips:

1. If you are in doubt abt whether you should take some document, take it.
    She took every possible document that i found in the group. Its a overkill but its worth it. Examples: House lease, Medical insurance etc
    Most of the companies provide all the documents u ask for and sometimes we just need to ask.

2. Prepare for all the questions. All details about how u obtained u got ur H1, where ur company is, who ur customers are etc.

3. One fact that gave us immense confidence is this page

which says that u cant be denied H4 under 214(b).

That leaves 221(g) which will not happen if u have sincerely followed step 1.
    (Unless u r taking fraud docs - My tips dont apply to them)

My case specifics:

1. I work for a company that has a recognizable name(and is big too) in US.
    2. My wife had never been issued a US visa before but she had more rejections on a different category.
    3. This is her first attempt for H4.
    4. Our marriage happened in a marriage hall and there r lotsa photos.
    5. Interview questions
    - How long has ur husband been working at Company X?
    - Is it a love marriage or arranged?
    - Identify a person in the marriage photo

I would like to thank Veena and others who answered my questions.
    Veena hats off to you - you r doing a yeomen service. Thanks once again.

Sometimes problems you guys posted in the group were my inspiration to try and make the case foolproof. That being said, I think we gotta do what we gotta do and let the consular officers do the rest.

I wish you good luck with your or(ur significant other's) visa and remember its never the end of the road(even for trying ur visa again). Also, I would go a step ahead and ask you to take some time and post your experience so that others may benefit from it.

-Jadan.
    (All opinions that are expressed are mine and mine only)

Hi Jadan,
    Congratulations to you and family!
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

multiple b1b2 visa rejections and applying for h4

hello i have been denied the visitor visa on 4 occasions . I am a medical grad and cleared usmle step1 and step2 ck and intended to go to usa for my final usmle cs exam. but was denied visa four times. I have marriage proposals from gilr on h1b visa who has been working in usa for nearly a year and intend to marry her but am worried about the success of me getting the h4 visa.
      will my visa rejection affect my chances of getting this visa.
      any advice is appreciated.thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by adilmd
        hello i have been denied the visitor visa on 4 occasions . I am a medical grad and cleared usmle step1 and step2 ck and intended to go to usa for my final usmle cs exam. but was denied visa four times. I have marriage proposals from gilr on h1b visa who has been working in usa for nearly a year and intend to marry her but am worried about the success of me getting the h4 visa.
        will my visa rejection affect my chances of getting this visa.
        any advice is appreciated.thanks in advance.
        Your F1 rejections cannot stop you from qualifying for H4, if your marriage is genuine and your spouse is on a good job in the US.
        All the Best.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
          Your F1 rejections cannot stop you from qualifying for H4, if your marriage is genuine and your spouse is on a good job in the US.
          All the Best.

I agree. Your rejections on a different category will not affecct ur H4, as they are based on non-immigrant intent. H4 is a dual intent visa.
          All the best.

Comment

thanks for reply veena

i want to know how long does it take if my wife and I go to the interview together. I applied 4 times for b1/b2 visa so will the official ask me about the rejections. My intentionis to do my residency training in usa and if asked should I tell them that.
            My marriage is genuine and i would like to know are there any instances you know where h4 visa was denied. My wife has been in the usa for a year and has visa for 3 years but her job validity which is for 1 year can be reniewed.
            thanks for advice.

Comment

Hi Adilmd,
              Go with good documentation with respect to the employment and the marriage. Answer questions boldly. Since you are going with your spouse for the interview, questions about her pay, employment, etc will be put to her and you do not have to worry. All the Best.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X