H1 approved, i-94 number missing on i-797a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approved, i-94 number missing on i-797a

Hi.. I applied for h1 2014 and got approved. I received my i797a and there is no i94 number on the form..
    Is this normal ??
    Do i need to take any action on this??

(Note i applied from h4 to h1 and iam in USA with valid i94)

help me...

Somebody please help me..
    Any suggestions.?

Comment

Dear Universal,

I am sorry but it seems like you have a Consular Processing on your H1. They do not send a fresh I94 when they want consular processing on the case.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

This is from my personal experience. Please do seek input from an immigration attorney.

Originally posted by universal View Post
      Somebody please help me..
      Any suggestions.?
      These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Cos

I understand that .. Thanks for the reply.. But my change of status is approved.. What does it mean??
        This does'nt think im still on h4 rite??

My i94 exprires june 2014
        Is my stay is illegal now??

Comment

Does the wording of the approval notice state that change of status has been approved? If so, your employer can get it corrected to reflect the I-94 number. You are not illegal or out of status.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

COS is approved

Thank you for the quick reply.. It really helps me..
            Yes my approval notices states that change of status is approved..

Comment

Status went back to Acceptance stage

Hi all..
              My employer contacted with USCIS and explained the situation last week, They took all the information and said they will update in two weeks.
              Today I checked my status in USCIS with receipt number, It went back to Acceptance stage..
              What does it mean??
              Is my h1 still approved?

I am worried they should just update my i94 number on i797a, But is everything they gonna start from the scrach??

Below is the description

On September 4, 2013, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Comment

Please any help..??

Comment

Originally posted by universal View Post
                  Please any help..??
                  Hello,

Unless, you are specifically asked to leave the country, you are fine. You have a valid I94, so do not worry on that. Do check if your employer accidentally filed for Consular Processing.

If possible, try engaging an attorney for a half hour discussion.

Cheers,
                  These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Got new i797a with i94 number

Hi my case was updated and its mistake made by uscis they send us new i797a with i94 number and expiry date till 2016..

Thx a lot who tried to help me..

Comment

Similar question

Hi,

My wife is in US on dependent visa H4 and her company applied for her H1b after she moved to US under consular service CAP. In August 2013, she got her H1 B approval together with I-797B which is without new I-94. She is currently in US and has valid I-94 against the dependent visa.
                      Also she got the H1b approval for client A in New jersey, but she is going to work for different client in California from Oct-01-2013

I understand that she needs new LCA and H1B amendment because this is a material change

Q1. Does she need new I-94 against H1B to start the work? If yes, can she apply this new I-94 from US as she is in US right now or does she need to go to India for new I-94 as her H1B is applied under CAP and she got I-797B and not I-797A which is without I-94

Q2. Can she apply for the new LCA and H1B amendment from US for client and location change.

Thanks
                      Anil
                      510 709 8440

Comment

Her employer needs to file new LCA and amend the petition for new work location. In order to start working she will also need change of status approved. Request for change of status can be included in the petition amendment. But she cannot begin working until she get the change of status approved.
                        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X