Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert Advice Required

Hello All,

My previous organization had initiated my H1B visa in Feb 2012 which got approved in May 2012 and I got stamping done on my passport along with my family (they got H4). So the stamped visa on my passport is valid till July 2014.

I left the same organization in July 2012 without entering to US on that visa ( I never been to US before as well).

In January 2013, another organization initiated my visa transfer of old H1B.

In May 2013, my attorney did inform me that we have received RFE status indicating that my first organization has “revoked” my H1B. He then submitted RFE response.

Today, I came to know on USCIS site that my visa petition is approved. Status it is showing is : “On August 22, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER”

Based on above scenario, I have got few questions:

1) Do I need to go for stamping again even if visa validity date on my passport is still July 2014 ? Or if I can travel to US with old organization stamped visa and new approved I797 petition ? In this case, will there be any issue at Port of Entry ?

2) I have my dependents who had got H4 stamped with same validity as mine. Do they need to go for stamping again ?

3) I am not getting how come it is possible to transfer revoked H1B ? Is it legal case that does happen ?

Appreciate if someone can guide me on this front.

Regards,
    Ashok

The visa has employer's name so u cannot use previous stamping. You have to get a fresh stamp. At that time they will cancel your previous stamp saying 'cancelled without prejudice'.

Comment

And yes, dependents also have to go for fresh stamping for same reason.
      Not sure about the revoked issue but if you have approved visa I think it should not be a problem. Morr important now in my opinion is to get it stamped afresh - sometimes that doesn't happen in one go in my experience.
      Good luck!

Comment

Expert Advice Required

You don't have to go for stamping and you are all set to travel with the current stamping on your passport and your new approved petition. I don't think your wife need to go for stamping if her stamped visa is valid as you are.

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X