H1B: Urgent Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B: Urgent Help needed

One of my friends got married and went to USA with her husband on H4. Couple of months later a consultancy filed for her H1B and it got approved, she worked there for a couple of months and returned to India as things were not going well between my friend and her husband, while she was in india she they filed for divorce and the process took 6 months to complete. She decided to go back to USA for work(as mentioned above he had her H1B approved). She went to the embassyfor H1B visa interview, the consulate asked her many questions along with this 1) whether her husband was still in USA and want you want to go there as your husband is there(Consulate asked her this question since my friend has H4 stamping on her passport, which was now cancelled as now her status has changed to H1B). My friend answered YES. She has not bad intentions but just wanted to avoid all the questions about her divorce. Her visa is now approved.

Our question is: Will this lie create a problem for her at immigration or while entering US/or while in US / or leaving the country?

H1B: Urgent Help needed

No one can predict what would happen however She should have told the truth to avoid any issues later. To me personally, there should not be any issues as she is traveling on her H1 and not on her H4.

This is my opinion.

Comment

Hello,

Entering the USA should not be a problem as her H1B is approved. If she files for her GC basis her H1B, it should also not be a problem as her GC would be basis the H1B and not H4 / Marriage.

Good luck.

I am not a legal expert. My opinions are based on my little personal experience.

Cheers,

Originally posted by nishajadhav View Post
      One of my friends got married and went to USA with her husband on H4. Couple of months later a consultancy filed for her H1B and it got approved, she worked there for a couple of months and returned to India as things were not going well between my friend and her husband, while she was in india she they filed for divorce and the process took 6 months to complete. She decided to go back to USA for work(as mentioned above he had her H1B approved). She went to the embassyfor H1B visa interview, the consulate asked her many questions along with this 1) whether her husband was still in USA and want you want to go there as your husband is there(Consulate asked her this question since my friend has H4 stamping on her passport, which was now cancelled as now her status has changed to H1B). My friend answered YES. She has not bad intentions but just wanted to avoid all the questions about her divorce. Her visa is now approved.

Our question is: Will this lie create a problem for her at immigration or while entering US/or while in US / or leaving the country?
      These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X