Incorrect Passport Number/first name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Passport Number/first name

There are couple of discrepancies in my petition.The root cause for both the below mentioned issues is same and that is my old passport number has been referenced in the documents rather than the new one.
    Please let me know the criticality of below mentioned issues and the possible resolutions for them.

Form I129 - Passport Number Incorrect :
    I have two passports, new one and the old one. I have noticed that the old passport number has been mentioned in this form. The implications for this can be, the old passport does not have my spouse name within it.
    Although the new passport number has the old passport number provided within it which provides the linkage within the two but still I am worried and would like to know if there be any issue if the stamping happens on new passport but petition is approved for the old one.

Form I797 - Incorrect First Name :
    Another issue is I have my first name incorrect in old passport and for that I have had a amendment embedded in the old passport second page for name change. Since they have referenced the old passport for all the documentation work and not got chance to look at the amendment inside that, my first name got incorrectly captured. But I think if the first issue will get resolved, this should be corrected automatically.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X