Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa status "ISSUED', but did not receive the passport yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeyee
    replied
    all will be ok

Leave a comment:

• jeyee
    replied
    all will be well bro. take heart and time. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• downlode
    replied
    Originally posted by mm_klm View Post
    I used Dropbox and got visa issued status as of yesterday. Passport tracking shows it is still with the embassy. How long iw will ideally take to get the passport back. I have travel planned for early next week. Helpline is always useless as they will just say the status same as online.
    If it's issued, you can go to your Visa application center and try to pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• mm_klm
    replied
    I used Dropbox and got visa issued status as of yesterday. Passport tracking shows it is still with the embassy. How long iw will ideally take to get the passport back. I have travel planned for early next week. Helpline is always useless as they will just say the status same as online.

Leave a comment:

• erca
    replied
    221g Administrative Processing - White Slip

Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update except Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information.

Researched on google and found out from friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently.

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

Leave a comment:

• geeta1002
    replied
    Have you got your visa finally?

Have you got your visa finally? If so how long did it take after the change in status as "issued"?

Leave a comment:

• redysanin
    replied
    I also have same issue but CEAC status --> "NO STATUS"

Hi I given the interview on 24 sep and VO approve it but till now i did not receive my passport. i check with mumbai us embassy they said its still under process.
    even they said not sure when i will get my passport.any idea how long it will take.
    can you please tell me how to chat with them?

Originally posted by snowy View Post
    I had the exact same problem. I had my interview few weeks before you at the New Delhi Embassy. The VO approved my visa and the status on CEAC website changed to "ISSUED". But the passport status on the VFS website i.e. * was stuck on "Passport still with post".

Here is the solution:

1. Check the NIV processing time for New Delhi Embassy here: *. As of now it is 2 days and your passport has been with the Embassy for a week hence there is reason to be worried.
    2. Call Team Stanley/VFS at +91 120 6602222 or +91 22 67209400 or chat with them online.
    3. You will need to insist and convince them to register your complaint and escalate it. Very specifically mention that your visa is issued and ask them to check the CEAC website or they will just assume your visa in under administrative processing and give evasive useless replies.
    4. Emails will normally not work, they will just send back a standard reply.
    5. Your complaint needs to be escalated for any relevant action to be taken. The embassy takes action only on escalated complaints other cases are just returned back by the customer care center. You can check if the status of the complaint at ustraveldocs.com under submit feedback.

I had to write multiple mails before I realized emails are useless. I figured that online chat is the best medium since I had a record of the conversation. If possible get hold of a customer care executive named Syed Yousf, most of the others just speak random gibberish and have to be guided as to what action needs to be taken. Also, they might not escalate a complaint before 14 days (calendar days not working days) from date of interview.

Once your complaint is escalated you will get a reply from the Embassy within 2 working days. If there is any specific reason for the hold up they will tell you otherwise they will process your visa same day. You might have to collect your visa from the Embassy instead of the VFS or home delivery. Mine and all other such unique holdup cases had to be collected from the Embassy. Collection time is 3:30 to 4:00 PM on a working day (Holidays: All Sat, All Sun, Last Wed of every month. Take a printout of the email asking you collect the visa from the Embassy (if the situation arises).

There were only two such cases on the day I visited the Embassy to collect my visa. Both of us had to get our cases escalated to get the visa processed even though it was issued on the day of interview. No one at the embassy knew the reason for the delay. In the end I was too happy to collect my visa finally so didn't pester them much for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• snowy
    replied
    I had the exact same problem. I had my interview few weeks before you at the New Delhi Embassy. The VO approved my visa and the status on CEAC website changed to "ISSUED". But the passport status on the VFS website i.e. * was stuck on "Passport still with post".

Here is the solution:

1. Check the NIV processing time for New Delhi Embassy here: *. As of now it is 2 days and your passport has been with the Embassy for a week hence there is reason to be worried.
    2. Call Team Stanley/VFS at +91 120 6602222 or +91 22 67209400 or chat with them online.
    3. You will need to insist and convince them to register your complaint and escalate it. Very specifically mention that your visa is issued and ask them to check the CEAC website or they will just assume your visa in under administrative processing and give evasive useless replies.
    4. Emails will normally not work, they will just send back a standard reply.
    5. Your complaint needs to be escalated for any relevant action to be taken. The embassy takes action only on escalated complaints other cases are just returned back by the customer care center. You can check if the status of the complaint at ustraveldocs.com under submit feedback.

I had to write multiple mails before I realized emails are useless. I figured that online chat is the best medium since I had a record of the conversation. If possible get hold of a customer care executive named Syed Yousf, most of the others just speak random gibberish and have to be guided as to what action needs to be taken. Also, they might not escalate a complaint before 14 days (calendar days not working days) from date of interview.

Once your complaint is escalated you will get a reply from the Embassy within 2 working days. If there is any specific reason for the hold up they will tell you otherwise they will process your visa same day. You might have to collect your visa from the Embassy instead of the VFS or home delivery. Mine and all other such unique holdup cases had to be collected from the Embassy. Collection time is 3:30 to 4:00 PM on a working day (Holidays: All Sat, All Sun, Last Wed of every month. Take a printout of the email asking you collect the visa from the Embassy (if the situation arises).

There were only two such cases on the day I visited the Embassy to collect my visa. Both of us had to get our cases escalated to get the visa processed even though it was issued on the day of interview. No one at the embassy knew the reason for the delay. In the end I was too happy to collect my visa finally so didn't pester them much for a reason.
    Last edited by snowy; 08-26-2013, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• H1B Visa status "ISSUED', but did not receive the passport yet.

I need help from people who might have experienced the same thing.

I appeared for H1B visa interview on Aug 19th, 2013 in New Delhi Consulate.

My visa status (on ceac website) was change to "ISSUED". It says "Your visa is in final processing.:

I am still to receive my passport back. Anybody experienced the same problem/issue? Please help my wife and kids are back in USA.

I feel stranded. Does anybody know what is the meaning of "Final Processing" and how much time it may take?

Any help will be appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X