H1B transfer before October 1st - Current on L1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer before October 1st - Current on L1B

I am on L1B Visa valid till October,24 2013 with Company A.
    Company B applied for my H1B visa and I got RFE. Company B will send RFE response with a week or 2.
    1) If meanwhile I got good offer form Company C. Can I transfer my H1b for Company C before I start working for Company B.(My Fresh H1b is currently in RFE status).
    2) If I get the H1B approval on September 20,2013, Can I serve 1 month notice period on my L1B and join H1b company by October 20.
    3) I have approved I797 of 2009 for H1B with Company D. I got RFE on it when I went for H1B stamoing and than never responded back.Can I use that petition for H1b transfer under cap exempt.

Originally posted by nilesh_patel View Post
    I am on L1B Visa valid till October,24 2013 with Company A.
    Company B applied for my H1B visa and I got RFE. Company B will send RFE response with a week or 2.
    1) If meanwhile I got good offer form Company C. Can I transfer my H1b for Company C before I start working for Company B.(My Fresh H1b is currently in RFE status).
    2) If I get the H1B approval on September 20,2013, Can I serve 1 month notice period on my L1B and join H1b company by October 20.
    3) I have approved I797 of 2009 for H1B with Company D. I got RFE on it when I went for H1B stamoing and than never responded back.Can I use that petition for H1b transfer under cap exempt.
    1. Technically possible if done before 01-Oct-2013.
    2. You should work only with the H1 employer from 01-OCt-2013 onwards. So 1 Month notice period is ruled out. You should have done a COS to H1 in premium before hand. You have only 10 Days Between Sep 20 and Oct 01.
    3. Yes you can.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

In response to Point 1 what happens if My new employer get RFE and H1b transfer get delayed after October 1.

Comment

If decision has not come you can continue to work with L1 employer till L1 I-94 or H1 approval date whichever is earlier.

As your initial L1 from A to H1 for B, COS itself is pending highly advisable to upgrade that to premium otherwise you will only end up messing the situation more.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I already applied my H1B in premium processing. My Employer B is going to respond RFE by Next week. But I got one offer from Employer C and they want to file H1 Transfer.
          But as my current h1b status is on RFE I was not sure if Employer C can transfer. and If Employer C file transfer and he will get RFE it might get delayed in October.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X