Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused about h1b visa and where to get the stamping, answer me plzz asap,

hi all,
    my name is shanthi, Civil Engineer. i am right now on my OPT and it expires in Dec,2005. I got a job and right now i am working for a construction Company.
    I applied for my H1-B Visa, which i might get by the end of September. My company in Colorado and i am working in Virgina.
    My lawyer applied for my Visa showing that i am working in Virgina, since the pay was not enough to show that i am working in Colorado.
    And now i need to move to Indiana, by the end of September, since my project in Virgina is going to finish. I am with the same company working on different project.
    So i am confused whether this moving to different places effect my H1-B visa with respect to the place i applied and the place i will be in the future.
    Do need to do any paper work or reapply for H1 again since i will move to different after i get my H1.

Hi Shanthi,
    The H1B visa is the visa that you need to get stamped on your passport after your H1B petition gets approved. There has to be the basic compliance of the prevailing wage that is on your Labour Condition Application by your employer, whereever you are in the US.
    You don't have to be confused about your H1B stamping as that will be based on your residence outside US.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

hey shanti
      it does not make a difference as to where you stay in USA. your H1B approval comes to your company. You just need all the paper work that company filled for you to get the visa stamped.In regards to salary it is set by the Department of labour that states a cap of salary or minimum salary required to be paid to a person under a certain category/skill set. it is not dependant on state or city for H1B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X