Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Revalidation in Bombay

hi guys

i've been working in US on H1B visa for last 5 years. my stamp in the passport got expired in Jan 2005 and my company had already renewed it. my new 797 is valid till Dec 2006. I'm planning to visit India for 3 weeks in Dec 2nd week. now here the complication starts. I'm on the payroll of company A, placed at Company B's premises, working as a consultant. My client company B is planning to file for my H1 on Oct 1st and take me as an employee (premium processing). To take the appointment in india for revalidation, takes around 6-8 weeks. I don't think I will have enough time to take the appointment after I get my new H1. My question is, If I take appointment on my current company A's 797 (you've to submit copy of 797 to take the appointment), later when i visit the embassy, can i get my new H1 (through company B) stamped ? does anyone know what are my options ?

appreciate your time & help

som.

Hi Som,
    I think your Com A's client whom you work for is talking about filing for your H1B transfer. He will not be able to file for a fresh H1B as the CAP set by USCIS is already reached in mid Aug. You can take the appointment with the present company I 797 and take the new H1B approval for the transfer at the time of the interview and mention the details clearly at the pre-screening counter and to the Visa officer at the time of the interview.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X