Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing jobs while still in India and transferring H1-B

Hi,

I have a valid H1-B stamped visa from current employer say Company A. I have not yet travelled to US from India using this. Now, I have received another job offer from Company B and would like to transfer my H1-B. Had a few queries regarding the same

1. Company B will be applying for transfer in premium category however this process takes 3 weeks. Is it safe to quit only after the transfer approval or I can quit once the receipt is obtained?
    2. Once the transfer to Company B is done and if I resign, is there any chance that company A can revoke the H1-B and block me from travelling to US using the visa already stamped through them? Would me and my dependents need to go for a fresh stamping if Company A chooses to inform the USCIS that I am no longer working with them and possibly try to revoke the H1-B?
    3. If the H1-B transfer gets approved but if I change my mind and stay with Company A, can I still travel on H1-B from Company A without them knowing that a transfer was applied?
    4. If the H1-B transfer gets rejected due to some reason, will I still be able to travel through Company A?

Please reply - its urgent

Hi Guys,

If you have answers to any of my queries request you to reply urgently since I have to take a decision one way or the other at the earliest!

Comment

Changing jobs while still in India and transferring H1-B

All your questions have been answered already in this forums.

1. Wait for three weeks to get the approval and then can resign from your current company.

2. Company A can revoke their petition however it doesn't matter to you.

3. Yes, you can still continue with your current company and can travel if they have job opening for you.

This is my opinion and I am not an expert.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X