No announcement yet.

Opting H1B interview location other that location of filing visa application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opting H1B interview location other that location of filing visa application

I filed H1B from India, Can I opt interview in South Africa for H1B visa. Application status currently is Post Decision Activity.

But since one month I am in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Please suggest, If I should go back to India for scheduling Visa Interview or shall I take interview in Johannesburg Only.

Also suggest which one is better option.

Technically you can apply at any US Consulate. However, you should check with the US Consulate in SA if they accept third country nationals. One other complication is that if your education is not in the US or SA, the consulate may not be able to evaluate your third country education and ask you to apply in your home country.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

i filed my visa from India and it's status got Post Decision Activity.
      Does not visa status "Post Decision Activity" mean that they have evaluated my education.
      Then due to an assignment I had to come to South Africa.
      Please suggest Should I go back to India for interview or shall I stay in here and take an Interview date.

Comment

What was filed was a petition. It is filed by your future US employer and it is filed with USCIS in the US. It is not filed by your current Indian employer in India. USCIS does make an evaluation of your education as presented to them.

Visa application is made by you at the Consulate (Department of State). They once a gain evaluate everything pertaining to the application.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X