Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding H1. Outside USA since last 2 years. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding H1. Outside USA since last 2 years. Please help.

I have been stayed in USA from Jan 2008 to Nov 2011 with my H1b. I came back to india on Nov 2011 for personal family visit and was planning to go back after a month. When I went for Stamping, I got 221g asking me for some paper work for my 2 employers. Subsequently there were 2 more 221gs. On Mar 2013, due to company policies my company told me that they can not retain my employment due to policies after Mar 1. And then in mid March I my 221g were got cleared.

(During the time my GC process also got initiated and my I140 got cleared)

Now its been 2 years of wait period. I had to stay longer due to some personal reasons arose. Now I am planning to go back again.

Though I have been out of USA since last 2 years and have not used my visa period fully, not sure how I can use my previous visa. I certainly need an employer to take up my visa but just curious would I be able to utilize my remaining Visa period..

Please help!

Hello, Bhatt.

Sorry to learn about your visa pangs.

You are definitely good to use your balance H1B period. All you need is an employer who files a fresh petition. You are good.

Wishing you luck.

Personal Opinion. I am not a professional.

Cheers,

Originally posted by rabhatt View Post
    I have been stayed in USA from Jan 2008 to Nov 2011 with my H1b. I came back to india on Nov 2011 for personal family visit and was planning to go back after a month. When I went for Stamping, I got 221g asking me for some paper work for my 2 employers. Subsequently there were 2 more 221gs. On Mar 2013, due to company policies my company told me that they can not retain my employment due to policies after Mar 1. And then in mid March I my 221g were got cleared.

Now its been 2 years of wait period. I had to stay longer due to some personal reasons arose. Now I am planning to go back again.

Though I have been out of USA since last 2 years and have not used my visa period fully, not sure how I can use my previous visa. I certainly need an employer to take up my visa but just curious would I be able to utilize my remaining Visa period..

Please help!
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rabhatt View Post

Please help!
      If a new employer files an H-1B for you, you can enter the U.S. using the old visa up until the date the visa expires. If the visa expires while you are waiting for H-1B approval, you have to get a new visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X