H4/H1 Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4/H1 Query

I am in US on H4.I am on leave from my current employer who has filed an H1 for this year.H1 was filed before I entered US on H4 and it is under RFE Status(Submitted all documents required for RFE)
    Question 1:As now I am in US on H4,If I go back to home country ,does my employer need to file COS once I get my H1B Approval.

Question 2:If I get Visa approval ,Do I need 3 months payslip for stamping,as I do not have payslip as I was on leave since 3 months so does that mean I need to stay in my home country for 3 months to get payslip and then go for stamping.

Question 3:If I decide not to go back to home country and stay in US ,I can still be on H4 even if my H1B petition is approved.

Originally posted by shaina View Post
    I am in US on H4.I am on leave from my current employer who has filed an H1 for this year.H1 was filed before I entered US on H4 and it is under RFE Status(Submitted all documents required for RFE)
    Question 1:As now I am in US on H4,If I go back to home country ,does my employer need to file COS once I get my H1B Approval. -- No, you can obtain H1B Visa and return to the US in H1B status.

Question 2:If I get Visa approval ,Do I need 3 months payslip for stamping,as I do not have payslip as I was on leave since 3 months so does that mean I need to stay in my home country for 3 months to get payslip and then go for stamping. -- You need evidence of getting paid only for the time you are in the US in H1B status, so you don't need that.

Question 3:If I decide not to go back to home country and stay in US ,I can still be on H4 even if my H1B petition is approved.
    -- Yes, you will remain in H4 status as long as your I-94 is valid and your spouse is maintaining H1B status.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X