Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Cap Exempt Petition - can the start date be controlled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Cap Exempt Petition - can the start date be controlled?

I am in India...I have approved H1B from current company A which starts from Oct 1st 2013...I am planning to transfer to compnay B and travel for them...company B will apply in premium processing....after my transfer is successful I will resing from compnay A and serve their 2 months of notice and only then travel and join company B...therefore in best case scenario I will be in US for company B in first week of Jan... now my question is when company B applies for cap exempt petition for transfer can they mention my start date as 1st Jan 2014 so that my visa petition gets a start date of Jan 1st 2014? or the start date will be automatically the the day my petition gets approved i.e. say 15th Oct 2013? the reason I am asking this question is, if my petition starts from 15th Oct and I travel in Jan after serving my notice period I unnecessarily lose 2.5 months of my work authorization....I understand that I can claim those 2.5 months in extension petition later but I just wanted to know the rule/process

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X