Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for ammedment and H1b revoked

Hi
    I came to us as a student in 2008 for my masters and after my opt I have applied for h1b in masters quota which was approved in aug 2012 when i was working in client A company , later on I have moved to client B ,after moving to client B I have applied for H1b amendment , Got RFE and after replying to the RFE , I have recieved NOIR on My original h1b stating that my school was not accredited , so , I cannot apply get h1b on that quota , and they revoked it , but after receiving the NOIR for my orignial H1b , I have applied for a new h1b in april 2013 ,which is still in initial review , After the revocation of my h1b , I stopped working and now it is 5 months after my h1b revocation .My attorney has also filed MTR (motion to reopen) .

My questions are

1)Am I in legal status as my new h1b and Motion to reopen cases are in pending status?
    2) What are the chances of getting new h1b , will my old h1b show any effect on the new H1b?
    3)Most probably I would assume an RFE for a client letter, at that point do i need to get a client letter from my previous client? or may be my future client offer letter as i have a offer still from client A (my first client when i applied for first H1b ) ?
    4)If my H1b gets approved , do I need to go for stamping immediately ?
    5) Has any one or your friends came across this kind of situation if yes please let me know how did they deal this situation .

Originally posted by rangac View Post
    Hi
    I came to us as a student in 2008 for my masters and after my opt I have applied for h1b in masters quota which was approved in aug 2012 when i was working in client A company , later on I have moved to client B ,after moving to client B I have applied for H1b amendment , Got RFE and after replying to the RFE , I have recieved NOIR on My original h1b stating that my school was not accredited , so , I cannot apply get h1b on that quota , and they revoked it , but after receiving the NOIR for my orignial H1b , I have applied for a new h1b in april 2013 ,which is still in initial review , After the revocation of my h1b , I stopped working and now it is 5 months after my h1b revocation .My attorney has also filed MTR (motion to reopen) .

My questions are

1)Am I in legal status as my new h1b and Motion to reopen cases are in pending status?
    2) What are the chances of getting new h1b , will my old h1b show any effect on the new H1b?
    3)Most probably I would assume an RFE for a client letter, at that point do i need to get a client letter from my previous client? or may be my future client offer letter as i have a offer still from client A (my first client when i applied for first H1b ) ?
    4)If my H1b gets approved , do I need to go for stamping immediately ?
    5) Has any one or your friends came across this kind of situation if yes please let me know how did they deal this situation .
    Your attorney should be answering these questions for you . You dont seem to be in legal status and having an MTR open doesnt grant you legal status.

An MTR can take years to resolve. Its time you had a hard talk with your lawyer and if you feel he is just making excuses its time to change and hire a good lawyer .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X