Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I update to USCIS with new Passport info

Hello -

I got a new passport a week back as my old one is expiring next April (2014), My H1 and I 94 expires on July 2014, Should I update USCIS for my new passport? Will there be any change in my I94? Please help.

SK.

Hello, SK.

I feel your H1B and I94 are independent of your Passport. E.g.: You are issued H1B on a certain passport, once this passport expires you do not have to apply for a fresh visa on the new passport. Same way, your passport issued from US should not impact your H1B and I94.

These are my personal thoughts, i am not a professional.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Originally posted by softshaik View Post
    Hello -

I got a new passport a week back as my old one is expiring next April (2014), My H1 and I 94 expires on July 2014, Should I update USCIS for my new passport? Will there be any change in my I94? Please help.

SK.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

You should carry your new and old passport together if you are traveling. The existing visa (per you valid till July 2014) is good enough.
      Once your H1B renewal is in place then you'd need to apply for the new H1B visa by traveling outside the country.
      On your way out, please submit the new I-94 (part of your I-797 approval letter) along with the existing I-94.

Disclaimer: Please consult your attorney for advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X