Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S Visa Interview for H4 ONLY with my H1B filling number

Hi ..I am in need of urgent help.
    I am in a H1B visa and my visa ends on 2nd of Oct 2013. My company is processing my H1B extension, between my wife (H4) and kid (american born) have gone to India. They are planning to come back to U.S this Nov 2013. Can my wife go for her U.S visa interview (in India) ONLY with my H1B filling number ?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by shanmugaraja21 View Post
    Hi ..I am in need of urgent help.
    I am in a H1B visa and my visa ends on 2nd of Oct 2013. My company is processing my H1B extension, between my wife (H4) and kid (american born) have gone to India. They are planning to come back to U.S this Nov 2013. Can my wife go for her U.S visa interview (in India) ONLY with my H1B filling number ?

Thanks in advance.
    No she cant. She would need the new petition copy at the least.

Otherwise she is still fine to travel with old visa till her h4 validity. Only issue is she will get i94 as per your old petition.

1. You can either wait till you get the extension approved and once approved ask your spouse to attend with extension petition.
    OR
    2. Ask spouse to travel with old visa and petition, and once she is in US file for extension of her I94.

You can ask your employer to upgrade to premium in order to get a faster decision on your H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X