H1-B Counsular Processing to Adjustment of Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Counsular Processing to Adjustment of Status

My H1 expires on Sep 20, 2013 and I am currently in India. Came back to India last year. I am planning on joining my old firm again and they had applied for my H1 extension using consular processing as I got married on Sep 1, 2013 and wanted to return with my spouse (who has a visit visa). USCIS replied back yesterday with an RFE. My GC date is also current. My company is in a hurry and wants me to return at the earliest. Can I come back to the US on my old H1 (with a week of validity left) and change my H1 extension from CP to AOS. My wife and I can then travel to Canada for the stamping.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
    NM

Hello, Nadeem.

I am not a professional. I have a query, which might help you / might not:

a) With a week of H1 left, you feel you will not have issues at the Port of Entry?

Just trying to understand.

Sorry, if i confused you further.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Nadeem Moulvi View Post
    My H1 expires on Sep 20, 2013 and I am currently in India. Came back to India last year. I am planning on joining my old firm again and they had applied for my H1 extension using consular processing as I got married on Sep 1, 2013 and wanted to return with my spouse (who has a visit visa). USCIS replied back yesterday with an RFE. My GC date is also current. My company is in a hurry and wants me to return at the earliest. Can I come back to the US on my old H1 (with a week of validity left) and change my H1 extension from CP to AOS. My wife and I can then travel to Canada for the stamping.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
    NM
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Best course of action is to speak with the attorney doing your H1B and Green Card processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X