Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa for spouse

Hi,

One of my friends (she) is applying for H1 visa. She is married and her husband is going to apply for H4 once she gets her visa stamped. Are there any complications in getting H4 visa for spouse being husband ? Her husband is currently working and has about 6 years of work experience.

Thanks

Hello,

No problem, as such. I have heard of many cases where the husband (working) took the dependent visa and wife had the work visa.

These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Cheers,

Originally posted by kbudati View Post
    Hi,

One of my friends (she) is applying for H1 visa. She is married and her husband is going to apply for H4 once she gets her visa stamped. Are there any complications in getting H4 visa for spouse being husband ? Her husband is currently working and has about 6 years of work experience.

Thanks

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Bad Idea

I am on H4 visa in USA . I had 7 years of Multinational company work experience in Executive level. I got married and my wife got H1, during that time I was very happy to get H4, During interview it seemed the officer was very happy to approve our H1 & H4 Visas, The questions he asked were pretty simple like how long you guys have been married? and some more similar questions. so getting H4 visa is not a big issue. (USA values family life and they don't trouble if wife/husband wants to stay together)

I Joined my wife after 3 months on H4 quitting my job in other country. Soon I realized H4 visa is not taking me anywhere..Its very frustrating visa to be ON in USA specially if your spouse is planning to stay in USA for long time. Getting job is out of the question, only option is to volunteer for non paying jobs and going back to school.

I would suggest him to come to USA on F1 visa. Let your spouse further his study on F1 (I am doing second masters at present) and on F1 will open up many ways like he can work part time for University, Internships, TA jobs. Also If he is eligible for CPT - Curriculum practical training and then for OPT he can work like anybody else on H1 in the country legally.
      If you need more information email me on [email protected]

* Its my suggestion , not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback! That helped. They are considering to move to F1 visa after going in as H4.

Originally posted by danik View Post
        I am on H4 visa in USA . I had 7 years of Multinational company work experience in Executive level. I got married and my wife got H1, during that time I was very happy to get H4, During interview it seemed the officer was very happy to approve our H1 & H4 Visas, The questions he asked were pretty simple like how long you guys have been married? and some more similar questions. so getting H4 visa is not a big issue. (USA values family life and they don't trouble if wife/husband wants to stay together)

I Joined my wife after 3 months on H4 quitting my job in other country. Soon I realized H4 visa is not taking me anywhere..Its very frustrating visa to be ON in USA specially if your spouse is planning to stay in USA for long time. Getting job is out of the question, only option is to volunteer for non paying jobs and going back to school.

I would suggest him to come to USA on F1 visa. Let your spouse further his study on F1 (I am doing second masters at present) and on F1 will open up many ways like he can work part time for University, Internships, TA jobs. Also If he is eligible for CPT - Curriculum practical training and then for OPT he can work like anybody else on H1 in the country legally.
        If you need more information email me on [email protected]

* Its my suggestion , not legal advice.
        - - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
        Hello,

No problem, as such. I have heard of many cases where the husband (working) took the dependent visa and wife had the work visa.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by kbudati View Post
          Thanks for your feedback! That helped. They are considering to move to F1 visa after going in as H4.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
          H4 to H1 is also possible. Just fyi. Wishing you luck. Cheers,

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X