Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B CAP exemption eligibility

Hi All,

Am a veterinary graduate (B.V.Sc & A.H) after which i have done MBA In Marketing from past three year sam employed with a german healthcare giant. Currently my husband has got his H1b and is moving to US . I dont wish to move with him as a dependent, hence we are exploring possiblities for H1B for me as well.

We have come across Y axis consultant who says there are certain speciality occupations such as Veterinary which are CAP exempt and they are assuring that they can find me H1b visa sponsors within two to three months .
    My question is
    1) Is such a thing possible
    2) Even if I get a sponser will i get my H1b approved as my husband also has an H1b and they might see a possible risk of immigration
    3) Can i accompany him on H4 and try for H1B from US. under such circumstances will i be required to come to India for stamping

Please help me with answers

Thanks

Originally posted by V D Mutkule View Post
    Hi All,

Am a veterinary graduate (B.V.Sc & A.H) after which i have done MBA In Marketing from past three year sam employed with a german healthcare giant. Currently my husband has got his H1b and is moving to US . I dont wish to move with him as a dependent, hence we are exploring possiblities for H1B for me as well.

We have come across Y axis consultant who says there are certain speciality occupations such as Veterinary which are CAP exempt and they are assuring that they can find me H1b visa sponsors within two to three months .
    My question is
    1) Is such a thing possible
    2) Even if I get a sponser will i get my H1b approved as my husband also has an H1b and they might see a possible risk of immigration
    3) Can i accompany him on H4 and try for H1B from US. under such circumstances will i be required to come to India for stamping

Please help me with answers

Thanks
    Hello, Ms Mutkule.

I am sharing my thoughts on things i have some idea of:
    a) I am not aware of Cap exempt vet H1Bs. But, this could be possible, i do not know about it. Sorry.
    b) Yes. Both Husband and Wife can be on H1Bs. There are many such couples in USA, from India.
    c) Yes. You can enter on H4 and file for H1 from US. You will NOT be required to come to India, as such. You can file for Adjustment of Status - from H4 to H1. After your H1B and your Adjustment of Status is approved, you will need stamping when you leave and reenter USA. If you do not leave USA, you do not need stamping.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Query on H1b Cap exempt eligbility

Hi,

I was there in US from Oct 2012 till May 2013 in h1b visa. My H1b visa got expired on May1st 2013 and i tried coverting my h1b to l1a but got rejected in rfe. can i file h1b case exempt now from india. pl advice

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by Girish K View Post
        Hi,

I was there in US from Oct 2012 till May 2013 in h1b visa. My H1b visa got expired on May1st 2013 and i tried coverting my h1b to l1a but got rejected in rfe. can i file h1b case exempt now from india. pl advice
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X