• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect visa stamping date

I had 2 petitions starting

1.) One starting 19 November 2012 until 18 November 2013
    2.) Second one starting 19 November 201 until 01 April 2016

While filling DS -160, I have provided my latest petition but during my visa interview, I explicitly mentioned that I have one current petition and another an extension for the same with the same employer.

When I went to pick up my passport, I see that Issue date on my visa is 04 Sept 2013 and Expiration date is 01 April 2016 but there is an annotation on visa saying "NOT VALID UNTIL 10-NOV-2013". The date in the annotation does not even match with the start date of my extended petition(19th November) .

I am travelling back to the USA on Tuesday the 17th. Is there a way the visa stamp can be changed again with a valid start date?

Please help!!!

Urgent help!!!

Update: When I emailed @ support@ustraveldocs they mentioned that its the sole decision of the Embassy/Consulate whether to approve/reject the visa for the applicant and to decide the visa validity, start date.

In my case, I have a valid current petition and an extension for the same. Not sure who to contact to make such changes. When I look at the hyderabad US consulate, the only mail id I see to contact regarding visa is [email protected] which i already did.

Please help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by divyakadam View Post
      Update: When I emailed @ support@ustraveldocs they mentioned that its the sole decision of the Embassy/Consulate whether to approve/reject the visa for the applicant and to decide the visa validity, start date.

In my case, I have a valid current petition and an extension for the same. Not sure who to contact to make such changes. When I look at the hyderabad US consulate, the only mail id I see to contact regarding visa is [email protected] which i already did.

Please help!!!
      Dont try to overcomplicate stuff by trying for a change of visa dates. It will be just easier to delay the flight tickets to 19th or later. Once in US based upon discussion with your employer and attorney appropriate steps can be taken if necessary.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I have to report back to work and the client is not ready to wait for 2 months just so I can travel back with the current stamping I have.

Got an email from visa service desk asking me to submit CGI document mentioning what exactly the correction is on my visa page. Is there a possibility of rejecting the visa if I submit the documents for visa correction or would it just be a change or no change to the visa.

Any experiences with visa correction for visa issue date anyone?

Comment

I have to report back to work and the client is not ready to wait for 2 months just so I can travel back with the current stamping I have.

Got an email from visa service desk asking me to submit CGI document mentioning what exactly the correction is on my visa page. Is there a possibility of rejecting the visa if I submit the documents for visa correction or would it just be a change or no change to the visa.

Any experiences with visa correction for visa issue date anyone?
          Even I dont see any correction required on the visa. You submitted a petition with validity starting from 19th Nov 2013 and they gave you a visa stating not valid before 10-Nov-2013. Nothign wrong with that.
          What you seem to be thinking that since you had the petition till 18-Nov-2013 and another petition from 19th Nov onwards the consulate should have given you a stamping from date of visa approval till 2016 but thats not how it works.

You cannot get a visa stamp overlapping multiple petitions like you are expecting.

You technically could have used the older visa and re entered US and once in US done an extension if required. OR planned travel around extension petition start date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I should have mentioned long back that I never had any H1 stamping in the 1st place. I was on a H4 visa and my employer filed for my H1 petition which had approval until this november so started working.

Due to family emergency I came to India and since I did not have any H1 visa, I had to go for stamping but since my current petition just had 2 months left on it,I was not sure if they would grant me visa just for 2 months so got an extension petition just to make my case stronger

Comment

I should have mentioned long back that I never had any H1 stamping in the 1st place. I was on a H4 visa and my employer filed for my H1 petition which had approval until this november so started working.

Due to family emergency I came to India and since I did not have any H1 visa, I had to go for stamping but since my current petition just had 2 months left on it,I was not sure if they would grant me visa just for 2 months so got an extension petition just to make my case stronger
              Hi Divyakadam...
              Did your case get resolve?
              Can you please tell as to what happened?
              I am running into a similar issue.
              The difference is that the petition number mentioned by me on ds160 is the current petition...(and not the next one like yours).
              now the visa stamp I got issued has my next h1b term petition number (p# on stamp) and the expiry date of the next petition (.I.e. the petition which will be effective for me after few months.)
              There is nothing mentioned under annotation section ...and there is nothing mentioned about my current petition.
              I am now confused if I can even travel to us before the effective date of my next petition and that how can they not mention my current petition number on the visa even though the ds160 form was submitted with my current petition number...

Comment

Did your case get resolve?
                Can you please tell as to what happened?

I am going to be in similar situation soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X