Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Trasnfer

Hi All,

I need few suggestion for my issue w.r.t Visa Transfer.
    I am working for company X and they hold my H1B. I got an offer from company Z and applied for H1B transfer. I have submitted all the documents for H1B transfer and the transfer will be done in next couple of days , but due to some reasons I want to stay back in X company .

My Questions is:
    1. Can I continue to work for X even though my transfer for company Z gets approved?
    2. Can company Z create any problems since I accepted there offer but didn't join them?
    3. Will company Z will demand me to pay the visa transfer fee , if so how much is the transfer fee?
    4. Will this H1B transfer impact my visa renewal process in future?

would you please reply for my above queries .

Thanks,
    Usha

Originally posted by ushaharish View Post
    Hi All,

I need few suggestion for my issue w.r.t Visa Transfer.
    I am working for company X and they hold my H1B. I got an offer from company Z and applied for H1B transfer. I have submitted all the documents for H1B transfer and the transfer will be done in next couple of days , but due to some reasons I want to stay back in X company .

My Questions is:
    1. Can I continue to work for X even though my transfer for company Z gets approved?
    2. Can company Z create any problems since I accepted there offer but didn't join them?
    3. Will company Z will demand me to pay the visa transfer fee , if so how much is the transfer fee?
    4. Will this H1B transfer impact my visa renewal process in future?

would you please reply for my above queries .

Thanks,
    Usha
    Hello, Usha.

1) If company X and Z are cooperative with you. Company X, post H1B transfer, could pay Company Z for your services and Company Z could run your payroll.
    2) Company Z should not create problems, but they certainly can, if they want to.
    3) Company Z should not ask for Visa fee as it is borne by the employer, but many (a large number) companies do, and many (a large number) candidates pay.
    4) No. As long as your paperwork is good, this will have no bearing on your future petitions.

Also, do check if there is a way you could withdraw or hold the H1B transfer petition. I am not sure about it, but i feel there might be a provision.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X