H1B expiring, Applying for H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B expiring, Applying for H4

My wife's H1b is expiring on Sept 30th, 2013. We are applying for her H4 before that date. I have read in forums that H4 approval takes 2-3 months, can she continue to work before her H4 is approved? Or does she has to stop working after 30th?

Originally posted by Bittersweet.arpan View Post
    My wife's H1b is expiring on Sept 30th, 2013. We are applying for her H4 before that date. I have read in forums that H4 approval takes 2-3 months, can she continue to work before her H4 is approved? Or does she has to stop working after 30th?
    If h1B status is expiring on 30th Sep then she should stop working from that day onwards.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Make sure that the receipt date for COS application falls before Sep 30. EFiling is recommended.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        Make sure that the receipt date for COS application falls before Sep 30. EFiling is recommended.
        Hi Kabkaba, We will make sure that we file in a way that we can get the receipt by Sept 30th. Can we do efiling for H4? I was to under the impression that H4 can no more be filed online. Also, what do you have to say about my question on ability to continue to work?

Many Thanks.

Comment

I am not sure, check USCIS website for form I-539.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X