Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H-1B expiration : Leaving US.Can one still continue US employment/payroll from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B expiration : Leaving US.Can one still continue US employment/payroll from India?

Hello:

I have a question:

My H-1B visa expires on Oct 1, 2013. I plan to leave for India before then.

Instead of leaving the company right away, I first want to use my vacation time and then leave. Can I still be on my US payroll and use my vacation time while outside the US after Oct 1, 2013? Would this be legal? Can it pose any potential issues while re-entering the US in the future?

Again, I'll physically leave the US before Oct 1. All I want to know is if I can continue my US employment/payroll for a few more weeks?

Thanks
    Vishal

Originally posted by Brynt786 View Post
    Hello:

I have a question:

My H-1B visa expires on Oct 1, 2013. I plan to leave for India before then.

Instead of leaving the company right away, I first want to use my vacation time and then leave. Can I still be on my US payroll and use my vacation time while outside the US after Oct 1, 2013? Would this be legal? Can it pose any potential issues while re-entering the US in the future?

Again, I'll physically leave the US before Oct 1. All I want to know is if I can continue my US employment/payroll for a few more weeks?

Thanks
    Vishal
    Once you are outside US it doesnt matter to USCIS.

You might want to check with the tax experts regarding filing of taxes as the income will be taxed as per Indian income tax rules.

This is my opinion not legal a

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X