Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B expired + New H1 application from overseas

Hello Experts,

I have few questions about new H1 application from India. Please help.

My H1B expired in May 2012. I have stayed out of USA for more than 1 year. I am planning to apply for H1B and My old company(on whose H1 I was on and got expired) that I was working for asked they would need client letter and other documents to apply for H1B in order to apply.

My questions:

1. What is a client letter ? Would a job description and PO from a vendor company serve the purpose to apply H1B from india, since my company is consulting company ?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mac1234 View Post
    Hello Experts,

I have few questions about new H1 application from India. Please help.

My H1B expired in May 2012. I have stayed out of USA for more than 1 year. I am planning to apply for H1B and My old company(on whose H1 I was on and got expired) that I was working for asked they would need client letter and other documents to apply for H1B in order to apply.

My questions:

1. What is a client letter ? Would a job description and PO from a vendor company serve the purpose to apply H1B from india, since my company is consulting company ?

Thanks in advance.
    Hello, Mac.

USCIS, while granting H1B visa, seeks proof that the employment offered to you requires specialized knowledge. These consulting companies are not engaged in business which the USCIS considers specialized, as there are consultants to other companies - who are engaged in specialized work.

So, for a consulting company to be allowed to sponsor your visa, you need an appointment letter from an End client or the company who is engaged in specialized work. E.g.: VMware. If VMware offers you an appointment letter as some programmer (but is not willing to sponsor your visa), your consulting company can then file for an H1B to sponsor your visa. So, your end client in this case would be VMware, and your visa holder will be the consulting company.

Consulting Company's letter alone generally does not suffice, sorry.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X