Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to withdraw H1 application which is pending RFE

Hello,

I am currently working for organization A on L1 (valid this 2016) and I had filled H1 (COS) with organization B which is currently in RFE status.
    As of now I don't want to pursue H1 and would like to withdraw the application all together. However employer B is not responding to the same and the application is just pending with RFE.

My question, how I as an applicant can withdraw my H1 application? Or is it just the employer who can withdraw the application?

Would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks!

Originally posted by bbagaria View Post
    Hello,

I am currently working for organization A on L1 (valid this 2016) and I had filled H1 (COS) with organization B which is currently in RFE status.
    As of now I don't want to pursue H1 and would like to withdraw the application all together. However employer B is not responding to the same and the application is just pending with RFE.

My question, how I as an applicant can withdraw my H1 application? Or is it just the employer who can withdraw the application?

Would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks!
    Its the employer's petition so only they can withdraw it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

The employer is the applicant, you are a beneficiary. The employer has to withdraw it.

Are they going to respond to the RFE? If not, the petition will get denied and it will make no difference to you.

If they do respond to the RFE and if the petition gets approved with change of status, you will have to somehow void that change of status in order to continue working with the L1 employer. But the benefit of having an approved petition is that in future any employer can file a cap-exempt H1B petition for you.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X