Residence address change after travel to USA on H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residence address change after travel to USA on H1

Hi.I have the following scenario. Currently I am staying at residence A. This is my permanent residence and the same is mentioned on my passport. I stay at this residence with my parents. I also have my H1 approved this September. This is my first visa and I haven't traveled yet. I want to know if I travel to USA this December/January, then can I change my residence address in India once I am in US. I mean, can my parents sell the current flat and purchase a new flat at location B after I leave for US. Since, residence A would no longer belong to me, I believe passports need to be updated. But how is it possible since I would be in USA. Would this residence address change affect my stay in US and my visa/passport. If yes then how? Please suggest what do I need to do?

Thanks in Advance,

Originally posted by Ok Tested View Post
    Hi.I have the following scenario. Currently I am staying at residence A. This is my permanent residence and the same is mentioned on my passport. I stay at this residence with my parents. I also have my H1 approved this September. This is my first visa and I haven't traveled yet. I want to know if I travel to USA this December/January, then can I change my residence address in India once I am in US. I mean, can my parents sell the current flat and purchase a new flat at location B after I leave for US. Since, residence A would no longer belong to me, I believe passports need to be updated. But how is it possible since I would be in USA. Would this residence address change affect my stay in US and my visa/passport. If yes then how? Please suggest what do I need to do?

Thanks in Advance,
    Hello, Ok.

From my experience, this matters little. Do not worry. Your address is tied to your Passport, not your H1B. Your H1B is tied to your professional experience and sponsoring employer, and not your address. Long story short, no one will bother you with whether you changed address or not.

Your parents are free to change their house. You can continue with the Passport with the old address when in USA. If it is bothering you a lot, there is a provision for passport renewal in US as well. Not sure, if address change would be covered. But, you are free to explore that while in the US. The passport service is much faster in the US than in India.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Residence address change after travel to USA on H1

https:///miscellaneous services-for-...ssport-in-usa/

You can follow this above link to get more information if you would like to change the address in the passport. If your passport is going to expire in near future, You can do all this together as you could save money and time.

This is my opinion!!

Comment

Thanks a lot friends... This is very helpful in taking decisions...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X