Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informing companies that you are filing more than one H1B petition

Hi,

Having looked on these forums a bit it seems to be clear that you can have multiple companies simultaneously apply for H1B visas on your behalf, even if those jobs are full time. However, I have been unable to find out if those companies need to (or can in any way) know that you are having multiple petitions filed for you. Can someone let me know if there is a requirement in the filing that you inform your host companies that there are other petitions being filed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally posted by throwaway View Post
    Hi,

Having looked on these forums a bit it seems to be clear that you can have multiple companies simultaneously apply for H1B visas on your behalf, even if those jobs are full time. However, I have been unable to find out if those companies need to (or can in any way) know that you are having multiple petitions filed for you. Can someone let me know if there is a requirement in the filing that you inform your host companies that there are other petitions being filed?

Hello, Throwaway.

I do not recollect coming across this question on the H1B form, maybe i am wrong, but i did not come across a question informing the sponsor about other applications.

I strongly feel if one was to let a sponsor company know that there are other companies sponsoring / filing H1B as well, most of the companies, told of this, would like to pull out of filing the petition as it costs quite a bit to file for H1B.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying so quickly. That's what I would have thought too but I couldn't find any definitive information on it, I guess the fact that many people appear to have multiple sponsors indicates that it isn't the case because, as you suggested, they would likely pull out as a result. If anyone can find a specific reference as to whether this is true or not that would be great.

On the other hand, although I may be looking at the wrong form or misunderstanding, Part 2.3 (page 2) of the I-129 form asks to "Provide the most recent petition/application receipt number for the beneficiary". Would that include petitions filed by other companies or is that asking on the basis that the sponsoring company may previously have filed on your behalf?

Comment

Originally posted by throwaway View Post
        Hi,

Hello, Throwaway.

Thanks for sharing the link. There is indeed a question about existing petition number. Sorry, i did not have accurate information.

Maybe someone else can share their experience.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

I may be answering my own question here actually, but I just realised that as both companies are likely to be aiming to file on April 1st due to the cap being reached so early, presumably you wouldn't actually have any petition receipts by the time either company filed, so this wouldn't be a problem. Obviously that's not to say there aren't potentially other questions regarding this but I think I was wrong about that section 2.3 part.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X