Travelling in plane when H1 Extension is underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling in plane when H1 Extension is underway

My H1 extension is applied which is expiring on October 1st 2013 and I am yet to receive the receipt number. During this time, I am travelling to Los Angeles on a 5 day vacation and returning back to Chicago on October 2nd. I would like to know, whether it is fine to travel in plane within US when your visa extension is underway.

Originally posted by Sudheendra Mujumdar View Post
    My H1 extension is applied which is expiring on October 1st 2013 and I am yet to receive the receipt number. During this time, I am travelling to Los Angeles on a 5 day vacation and returning back to Chicago on October 2nd. I would like to know, whether it is fine to travel in plane within US when your visa extension is underway.
    Hello, Sudheendra.

Within USA there should not be any travel restriction. As you are withing the domestic confines of the country, you are ok. They will check for a valid US ID and not your Passport. Yes, you should have a valid ID (Drivers License), if not then it might become a bit of an inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Sudheendra.

Within USA there should not be any travel restriction. As you are withing the domestic confines of the country, you are ok. They will check for a valid US ID and not your Passport. Yes, you should have a valid ID (Drivers License), if not then it might become a bit of an inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
      Thanks a lot, yes it helps a lot!

Comment

You should keep a copy of the extension petition receipt notice with you.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X