Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension

Hi,

I have a question regarding H1B extension.

My Visa is due for renewal in Feb 2014 and my employer is going to file for my extension very soon. The thing is I am planning a trip to India in dec and will be back in Jan first week.

My question is if I get a case id from USCIS before leaving to India it will be based on my last I-94 details but as I'll be filling up a new I-94 in Jan whats the process to update the new details with existing case id?

Is it possible to update the details?
    Is there any fees for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Swapnil

Originally posted by Swapnil Gadge View Post
    Hi,

I have a question regarding H1B extension.

My Visa is due for renewal in Feb 2014 and my employer is going to file for my extension very soon. The thing is I am planning a trip to India in dec and will be back in Jan first week.

My question is if I get a case id from USCIS before leaving to India it will be based on my last I-94 details but as I'll be filling up a new I-94 in Jan whats the process to update the new details with existing case id?

Is it possible to update the details?
    Is there any fees for this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Swapnil
    If USCIS approves the extension petition while you are outside of the U.S. and you will re-enter after or even near the validity date of your current visa, then get the new approval notice mailed to your address overseas. If you do not present your most recent approval notice at the POE, then your period of admission on the I-94 might be entered by the officer as the end date of your previous approval, requiring you to once again depart and re-enter the U.S. to obtain a properly dated I-94 card or file another extension.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
    Last edited by raghvi; 09-26-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If USCIS approves the extension petition while you are outside of the U.S. and you will re-enter after or even near the validity date of your current visa, then get the new approval notice mailed to your address overseas. If you do not present your most recent approval notice at the POE, then your period of admission on the I-94 might be entered by the officer as the end date of your previous approval, requiring you to once again depart and re-enter the U.S. to obtain a properly dated I-94 card or file another extension.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks a lot!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X