Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying h1 from India and travelling on H4 and moving from h4 to h1

Hello everyone,

I am on h4 dependent visa. I would like to aplpy for H1b in the coming april 2014. My question is If i go back to india(for some personal reasons) and apply for h1b from India and come back to US on H4, Then what are the consequences that happen?

1.Suppose If my h1 visa is approved and I came back to US on H4 then Can i move from H4 to H1b?

2.If yes what is the fee to move from H4 to h1?

3.What is the duration it takes to change from h4 to h1?

Originally posted by a123b View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am on h4 dependent visa. I would like to aplpy for H1b in the coming april 2014. My question is If i go back to india(for some personal reasons) and apply for h1b from India and come back to US on H4, Then what are the consequences that happen?

1.Suppose If my h1 visa is approved and I came back to US on H4 then Can i move from H4 to H1b?

2.If yes what is the fee to move from H4 to h1?

3.What is the duration it takes to change from h4 to h1?
    Hello, A123B.

You also need to keep in mind that sometimes the visa officers cross off the earlier visa at the time of granting a new visa. It might happen to your H4.

Answering your question: If you were granted an H1B (and your H4 not crossed off), you could possibly enter on H4 and then do a Change of Status to H1. I do not remember the fee for COS, it should be a few hundred dollars. It should take 3-4 weeks (going by Premium Processing timelines).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X