Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa (Help)

Hellow everyone,
    Is it ok to file for H1B visa if I was denied B1 visa earlier?
    How to search for employer? Can anyone in United States can sponsor for my H1B visa if I try? I have Master Degree from India with more than 3 years of work experience?
    Please help, kind suggestions are highly appreciated.

Originally posted by gyalrab View Post
    Hellow everyone,
    Is it ok to file for H1B visa if I was denied B1 visa earlier?
    How to search for employer? Can anyone in United States can sponsor for my H1B visa if I try? I have Master Degree from India with more than 3 years of work experience?
    Please help, kind suggestions are highly appreciated.
    Hello, Gyalrab.

I am sorry, but i feel there is some confusion around H1B, in the way you are asking the question.

One cannot FILE for H1B the way one files for B2. For H1B there needs to be an employer who is considering hiring the candidate. Once this petition is approved, the employee then appears at his local consulate for a visa stamping interview.

So, you need to have the employer.

Now, filing for H1B after B1 denial. I do not feel it is a problem, as long as your H1B paper work is good. Visa petitions get declined all the time, does not mean the person will not get the visa in the future.

If you are in technical field (C++ Programmer, Database Administrator etc.), you will be able to find visa sponsors. Else, it will be tricky.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X