Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to H1B, Valid I-94 - Visa stamping

Hi,

I had recently moved from my L1A to H1B status, in a different company. When I did the move, my L1A visa was expired but I had the valid I-94. Which got extended once I got the H1B and is valid till 2015.

If I want to get the H1B visa stamping done, do I really need to go all the way back to India and attend for a visa interview there or is it possible for me to go to US neighboring countries (provided I get the Visitor's visa there) and get the visa there?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice..

Originally posted by sachin001 View Post
    Hi,

I had recently moved from my L1A to H1B status, in a different company. When I did the move, my L1A visa was expired but I had the valid I-94. Which got extended once I got the H1B and is valid till 2015.

If I want to get the H1B visa stamping done, do I really need to go all the way back to India and attend for a visa interview there or is it possible for me to go to US neighboring countries (provided I get the Visitor's visa there) and get the visa there?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice..
    Its not necessary to go to home country, but some consulates insist that third party nationals who havent done and formal education in either US or in the country where one is attending the interview to go back to home country. Check with the consulates where you plan to attend.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X