H1B amendment and visa re-stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B amendment and visa re-stamping

I apologize in advance if this question was asked way too many times. But here it goes:

I have a H1B stamp on my passport which expires in Sept 2014. I am going to India in Nov 2013. My company A has many subsidiary companies under it called A Missouri, A Illinois etc. I was working with A Missouri and recently moved to A Illinois. I move to A Illinois after my visa was stamped. However my petitioner DID NOT change. It is still A company. Since the geographic location and job responsibilities changed, my lawyer filed for a LCA and H1B amendment. Both got approved with the new I-797A extended to Oct 2014 (one month more because I went on a vacation to India for a month). My questions are:

1) Am I required to go for stamping to enter back to US because of the new I-797A? Note that I already have a valid visa with the same petitioner.
    2) I now have two I-94s (one when I came back after stamping and other in my new I-797A). Should I give both back when I leave US?
    3) Does it matter if my H1B visa shows the expiration date as Sept 2014 and the new I-797A shows as Oct 2014?
    4) Apart from the new LCA, new I-797A and the valid existing H1-B visa on my valid passport, do I need any more docs to show at the Port of Entry (for eg: employer letter)?

My HR and legal department are not very familiar with the immigration rules and they keep telling me that I need to go stamp if I am going out of the country (I am 1 of 10 non US citizen in a 10,000 US citizen company). But I don’t want to go stamp if it is not required because it is stressful financially, physically, mentally…

TIA, SDA

Can someone assist me on this? C'mon guys I am sure there is someone who experienced similar situation..

Comment

Is Visa Stamping Required Again after H1B Amendment Approval with same employer?

Hi All,

I got my H-1B visa with employer A and we have filed the visa against the client xyz. Now we dont have the client and I never traveled to USA after visa got stamped.
      Now my employer had found new project for me with new client "blablabla" new location.
      My employer is going to file the H-1b amendment for the new client for new location.
      I have few doubts regarding this. I am very sorry if these questions already raised by some one.

1. Do I need to appear for visa stamping again?
      2. H-1b amendment means will i get new petition number?
      3. If get the new petition number, still my visa contains the old petition number in my passport
      4. How long it will take to complete the H-1b amendment process?
      5. Can I enter into US while H-1B amendment is is process?

Please do the needful.

Thanks
      RaviKumar
      Last edited by rkbhuvanagiri; 01-02-2014, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Yeh Hello

Originally posted by SDA View Post
        I apologize in advance if this question was asked way too many times. But here it goes:

I have a H1B stamp on my passport which expires in Sept 2014. I am going to India in Nov 2013. My company A has many subsidiary companies under it called A Missouri, A Illinois etc. I was working with A Missouri and recently moved to A Illinois. I move to A Illinois after my visa was stamped. However my petitioner DID NOT change. It is still A company. Since the geographic location and job responsibilities changed, my lawyer filed for a LCA and H1B amendment. Both got approved with the new I-797A extended to Oct 2014 (one month more because I went on a vacation to India for a month). My questions are:

1) Am I required to go for stamping to enter back to US because of the new I-797A? Note that I already have a valid visa with the same petitioner.
        2) I now have two I-94s (one when I came back after stamping and other in my new I-797A). Should I give both back when I leave US?
        3) Does it matter if my H1B visa shows the expiration date as Sept 2014 and the new I-797A shows as Oct 2014?
        4) Apart from the new LCA, new I-797A and the valid existing H1-B visa on my valid passport, do I need any more docs to show at the Port of Entry (for eg: employer letter)?

My HR and legal department are not very familiar with the immigration rules and they keep telling me that I need to go stamp if I am going out of the country (I am 1 of 10 non US citizen in a 10,000 US citizen company). But I don’t want to go stamp if it is not required because it is stressful financially, physically, mentally…

TIA, SDA

What happened to ur case.. was it required to go to stamping again...pls reply

- - - Updated - - -

what happened to your case...was it required to go to stamping again...pls reply/help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X